I bought some nice and thick RCA cables for my sub woofer runs in my theater build. A few weeks back, I decided to run basically 3 subwoofer cables. The first one I know I will use, but the other two I would like to tie together with a RCA Y-Adapter/Splitter so that I can connect them both up to the second subwoofer out on my receiver, but only use one of them.

I know, it sounds strange, but since I am not sure if the 2nd sub will go behind my screen like the first one, or off to the side of the room at a completely different location, I want to wire them both up for more flexability in installation.

Anyway, here is a link to one of the sub cables I have:
Monoprice RCA Sub Cable

I was looking at splitters and need one that is 1 Male to 2 Female, but all I seem to find are the really skinny (and cheap) ones. I don't want to have the splitter be the chink in my armor so to speak. I mean, you wouldn't run 12 gauge wire to your front speakers just to use a one foot, 18 gauge connection from the wall plate to the receiver, right?

I thought about using one of these connectors, but it gets in the way of the other speaker connections on the wall plate. I would need to buy it plus a smaller single M-to-M RCA cable to extend it away from the wall plate...

Ideas?
Oh, it needs to be flexible too since it will be connected up inside the wall cavity and connect the 2 "second sub" runs to the wall plate I have. I also don't want to spend some ridiculous amount of money if at all possible.

Last edited by nickbuol; 01/06/12 04:32 PM. Reason: Added ridiculously large picture.

Farewell - June 4, 2020