I have an NAD T-747 receiver, Oppo BDP-93 player, and M22's, VP-150, QS8s, and an EP500 (all ver 2.5, meaning they have ver 3 insides, but the ver 2 cones).

The issue that I was having was decreased bass output from my EP500. There were some other issues with the amplifier on my sub, so Axiom replaced it with the latest version (yay Axiom!). The EP500 is advertised as having ridiculous amount of power, and I never really experienced this until yesterday (I have had them for almost three years)! Here is what happened.

Whenever I ran the built in room optimizer in the NAD receiver, I made sure to have my sub volume half way up. After completion of the setup, the receiver would always set the sub level to -12!!! So naturally I would go into the settings and change it to 0 and then adjust the volume on the sub itself to the proper listening level. In order for me to get the bass output that I wanted, I would have to have the EP500 3/4 of the way up, and I still didnt have as much ooomph as I wanted. So i just chalked it up to unrealistic expectations (I know, shameful right?).

That's the background, so here is what happened yesterday. I took out my NAD T747 to send in for some repairs, and I plugged the sub cable and a stereo amplifier into the back of the Oppo blu-ray player and started listening to pandora to make sure everything was working. At first it didnt work at all, then I realized I had to go into the settings and downmix the audio to stereo and turn the sub output on manually. Still didnt work, but then again it helps plugging it into the SUB and not the SBL output on the back right!? I finally got it setup right and I starting playing my Basshunter channel on Pandora.

BOOOOOM!!!! A dubstep song came on and totally blew me away! I had to run to the sub and turn down because the bass was soo loud that my 3 bedroom home was shaking! It was still on 3/4 volume mind you. You would not believe the smile on face as my wife came running in shaking her at how loud the sub was. Grinning ear to ear, I told her that that is what my sub is supposed to sound like smile

So why was there such a difference between the two devices? Has anyone had any experience with this issue with any product or specifically, NAD? Now that I have experienced the full power of the EP500, its like falling in love with my system again lol!

This is my witty signature.