Thanks for the responses so far.

To answer some of the questions / explain a bit more. I already have 4 QS8s for the surrounds -- more than sufficient.
I also have a pair of M22s I've used as the mains for years and a pair of VP100s that were used under the TV in my old setup.

I could put a center on a stand in front of everything, but that would look somewhat awkward and block built in cabinetry.

The primary area for TV & speakers is a cabinet recess that is:

2 ft deep, 7.5 ft wide, and 4.25 ft high. This recess is built into a wall of custom cabinetry and is already 32" off of the ground.

We have a 60" plasma (on its own stand) in the recess -- there is plenty of room on each side for whatever speakers we like -- I've actually considered upgrading to M60 or M80 mains (though they would be raised off the ground the 32" and might need tilted somewhat -- or set upside down to lower the tweeters?).

With the 60" plasma, that leaves only around 15" or so above it between it and a giant wood beam (8 inches thick at the front of the cabinet). I've considered trying to hang a center from the beam somehow -- it's more than up to the task if there were some way to properly support the speaker, but I do fear that it would look rather precarious hanging above the plasma -- especially as I'd probably be tempted to hang a VP160 or VP180 if I was going to that much effort, rather than a 150.

Still having trouble deciding what to do -- asthetically the M22s on each side I think win, but our usage is almost entirely home theater (gaming / TV / Movies) and I would prefer not short changing our typical setup by not having a center -- though I know lots of people still run happily with a phantom.

Anyway -- thanks for the advice -- any further thoughts from folks would be appreciated. Tough mental hurdle to jump across.

Thanks,
-Michael