Oh, yeah, I finally got the finish samples yesterday. I kept missing the delivery attempts AND forgetting to set the door tag out with my signature on it, so after the final delivery attempt, I had them hold it at the nearest FedEx Office, which I was finally able to get to yesterday.

While I do like the grain on the natural Rosewood the best, I think I would prefer the high-gloss to the semi-gloss if I went that route. The Ebony vinyl finish is pretty flat-looking, which is fine, but I don't think I could commit to it. I was surprised that I preferred the look of the Vermont Maple vinyl to the Walnut with the Caramel stain. What Ken said about it being similar to Boston Cherry only less red seems accurate.

For me, I think I'd only go for a new finish (of the ones I'd sampled) if it was Rosewood in high-gloss, but since I've already eliminated that possibility due to an eventual projector scenario, I'm leaning toward sticking with basic Boston Cherry vinyl. I'll hang onto the samples and see what other people in my life think. I'm not known for my great taste in decor.