Here's some photos of the home theater as it is today. Hopefully next week my acoustic panels with arrive and I can improve the space. The good news is, when I came home from work today I took the VP160 upstairs and hooked it up to my TV in place of my VP100. Everything sounded fine and I even put in the Blu-ray I've been viewing to test the system. The dialog was fine. Bigger sound than the VP100, and a huge improvement over what I was getting in the theater. So the speaker is probably not to blame. I've re-checked the connection, and unless the labeling on my cables is flawed, the speaker must be in phase. I'm getting serious slap echo and am thinking that it must be so pronounced that it's making a good speaker sound bad. Once the panels are in place, I'm going to re-run the Audyssey then do a manual set-up and see what happens. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on speakers placement?

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." Al Swearengen