I completely agree with the "furniture" note. When I'm watching a movie and the room is dark, the speakers blend well enough regardless of what color they are. My vote is to buy whatever finish you think will go best with the other elements of the room (including your other speakers) during fully illumated, day to day activities. Here's some science for the skeptics, although I understand that everyone's eyes are different

In low light levels we rely on "scotopic" vision which only makes use of the rods (which there are far more of than cones.) And the rods can only generate roughly-focused gray scale images. Now, when the tv is the only source of light in the room, and you are watching it, the light from the tv should be enough to partially saturate the receptors so that you can't make out the details of any objects in the immediate vicinity of the television screen. (Like staring at a flashlight in the dark.) Thus masking at least the center channel and possibly the mains. You shouldn't be able to see your surrounds unless you are specifically looking for them anyway, because they're not in your field of view. Of course, if they are black on a white wall or something similar you will be able to see them. But with lower contrast levels they will quickly fade into the wall because you are relying mostly of fuzzy gray-scale vision.

I think then, that a big qs8 hanging off the wall is going to be perfectly visible when the room is lit pretty much regardless of what color it is, so it might as well match everything else.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]