Well, I contacted Axiom and they couldn't help me. That was the very first thing I did. So, if they've said it here on this forum, I'd appreciate it if you'd direct me to just exactly where that is. Second, I don't think it would be very practical to use M80's for all channels now, do you? Surely you're not serious. laugh I've got a big AV room ... but not that big. (I'd say there might be some audio problems associated with turning an M80 on it's side to use as a center channel speaker, too. wink ) That's one of the reasons I wanted to swap out the Infinity's in the first place. Third, just because you have never once heard of a receiver or speakers being damaged by mixing impedance, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Indeed, for most folks maybe discretion has been the better part of valor. Fourth, it is incorrect for you to assume that I'm not inclined to listen to what you perceive as non-experts on the internet. As I already mentioned to you, I wasn't looking for advice. I was simply stating what I had found out from Onkyo (not Axiom) as I was trying to decide on the M80's. And that was posted here on this forum to perhaps help the original poster in some way.

That being said, show me someone who has been doing what I describe, with the Onkyo TX-N5009 ... doing it for some time with no problems whatsoever ... and Axiom just might sell another pair of M80's. smile

Last edited by NikonShooter; 03/22/12 04:53 PM.