Originally Posted By: Socketman
My Denon has the dreaded network issue, so its off to the doctor in Vancouver BC. Looks like a month minimum before its fixed . Shipping is a week each way and the doc says 2 weeks minimum to fix.

I cant go that long without an amp so i was all prepared to pick a Yamaha RX-A2010 . Went to the local audio store here, the only one we have and looked at a 2010 but it was 1200 beans.I noticed they had last years RX-A1000 on for 650 so i grabbed one up. Havent done much with it yet but its alot easier to operate (intuitive) than my Denon.Probly give it to my dad when the denon cames back. One feature it doesnt have is front wide only height, they call it presence.

I bought the Yamaha RXA-2000 last years model and I honestly couldn't be happier. I already had an extra outboard amp so I could utilize the 9.2 format which unlike the height/wide deal is always in play. One thing that the Yamaha has always had which I have enjoyed in previous incarnations is their DSP programs which have been around in one form or another for years but primarily the excellent movie theater programs which are adjustable in a number of parameters to match your taste. These programs unlike any other format, give the illusion of a much larger space designed to mimic a movie theater. The height/wide set-ups give more coverage than the standard 5.1 but still you are limited to the space in which the sound emanates.