Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Originally Posted By: Rustolem
Sorry about the title I mean to say 350-400..
As for me I was looking at the 350, for somebody that is not to knowledgeable I thought it would enough for me, and I can just set the crossover setting with the Yamaha..
As for placement I had this problem with my last Polk sub was that it was next to my left front tower and never really heard it all that well except when I got up to leave the room all of a sudden there was "sub".
So for this one I was thinking about to the right of my sitting position about 6 feet away in the corner.

Thanks

What you are describing with your present sub is room modes - peaks and dips in the response. Basically the sub wasn't placed in the optimal spot for your listening position and you were sitting in a "null". This is all fixable.

So when your waiting for your new subwoofer, google the terms "subwoofer crawl" in the search engine and read about it. This will help you in providing the best placement and extracting the best performance of your new investment.

Yeah have read all about the "sub crawl" but physically not able to do which is also why I can't go out and "audition" speakers and have to rely on online user info and reviews.
As for placement I think in that corner is going to be best if it were up front it would be a good 14 feet away from me.

Thanks

Mits WD-92840
Sony BDP-CX960
Yamaha RX-A3000
Axiomv3 M80's,VP180,QS8s
HSU VTF-3MK4 Sub
PanamaxM5400