From a EE point of view, it is a pure sham, the same voltage is applied to both sets of wires... if you look at the "bi wiring" speaker cables... the 2 pairs of wires are usually connected to one terminal post at the amp side of the cables... then magically they are suppose to "improve" the sound at the other end???

I have a pair of monster cables that are "biwire" cables... They retiled for about 300$ or so... I got them off of ebay for much less.... they sound no different to me than any other cables i have used... Today i am using 10gauge speaker cable from av-outlet.com... I chose 10gauge to get the lowest resistance that i could with in reason... for my 10ft cables, the resistance is essentially 0.0ohms..

I have buddies that work at nuclear power plants around the country.. The detectors that monitor reactor power use regular copper wires to connect the sensor to the gauges/displays, if there were any "special" wires, that industry would use them.. Since in that industry a volt or two actually matter, unlike speakers.. Which is basically a coil of wire....