Originally Posted By: hhp
Hi,

I just bought the epic 80-500-180 (7.1 system). Tried to hook it up with the 4311ci denon last night. For BR player, I am using Oppo Bdp-93.

I am struggling with the set up a little bit.. tried Audyssey setup and it seems to be ok but the sounds are not very loud. I ran a few hrs of music to break in the audio, tested out a movie but i need to crank up my receiver to 90% of its volume to get to hear the dialog clearly.. I think the BR player is restricting the audio going to the receiver somehow (i am currently using hdmi cable to get audio from BR player to receiver). Plus maybe i am not setting up my receiver correctly.

When i am listening to music, it seems much better with the volume issue (ie. don't need to crank it up to 90% of the volume to get good volume).

Appreciate if any users have similar set up can provide some tips/guidances... Thanks!!

hhp

I'll wait and see what others will post who may own an AVR-4xxx series receiver. But, that the speakers are capable of ear-splitting volume (I have most of them) with perfect clarity. I know I had to change my Blu-ray player settings by turning off compression and making sure it was PCM (my AVR-2807 won't decode Blu-ray HD audio). Make sure the room is very very quiet for Audyssey as well.

Epson 8350 * Denon 4311CI * XPA-5 * M80/VP180 * 2 QS8's+M2v3-DSX * SVS PC13-Ultra ** Buttkicker LFE