It is hard to quantify the experience, and I was leery to what results I might get. In the past I had a nice Pioneer Elite receiver that had MCACC, but it mainly did speaker distance and level compensation. That was it. Nothing to help with frequency issues in a room. I had quite the strangely angled room last go around too. Some higher level of correction would have been nice, but also tricky to get really good results. With my current room built and designed for the best "bang for your buck" acoustics, the speakers sounded pretty much the same as they always did. I had the levels and distances set manually, and I was happy. I wasn't getting the amazing sound that I thought I would get from the room, but I hadn't done any manual tweaking yet either.

I ran Audyssey and absolutely loved the new clarity and balance I got. Not things sound outstanding. How does one quantify that? I have no idea. Make a trip to Eastern Iowa and I can let you hear it for yourself.

As for XT32, if you have even a slight resemblance to a normal room as far as live/dead surfaces, reasonably rectangular in shape, etc, I would say that from what I was gleaming from the AVS forums you are going to get about 90-95% there with MultEQ XT, and then the XT32 will get you to the 95-98% of "as good as it will get". Not sure it is worth the cost.

Now if your space is really messed up for dimensions, etc, then maybe XT32 will help more, but there are even less options that offer XT32 and the price is obviously higher.

Farewell - June 4, 2020