OK......I have been lurking here for months reading all about the different speakers and setups....building spreadsheets comparing costs....posting about room-size and speaker setups. Now, I have been laying the seeds for my purchase ever since then. I was originally looking at a M60, QS8, VP150 setup, but have since trimmed things down to a M22, QS4, and VP150 setup. However much I wanted the M60s, I can't make that expensive jump w/ only a 10'by 18' listening space. They may sound a bit more full (according to the resident experts), but my room constraints I believe are going to be overwhelmed by the setup.....not to mention the wallet.

So, over the last couple days, I have been selling the savings and the quality of music and clarity we are still going to get for under $1K. I thought I had the sale complete.....to the point that I was going to give a call to Axiom tonight to put this to rest.

Now....15 minutes before closing time, the wife dropped this on me...."Why can't we just take the whole setup from up here and move it down into the basement (new HT under construction)?"....GASP!!!!! In her defense, we do have our first baby on the way (just found out today...it's a girl), so we have the impending expenses, etc. But, she is proposing that I bring down my 15 year old Yamaha main speakers and the pawn shop Infinity center channel.....which brings me to my present position.

HELP!!!.... Please give me the magic formula for convincing the wife that the absolute quantum leap in audio quality is worth the sacrifice. She has heard the high end speakers at Hifi Buys and can definitely appreciate the difference. Unfortunately, enough time has passed to make her forget the massive difference between that sound quality and the sub-par quality that we have in our present setup.

"Oh....the horror!"