Originally Posted By: Gary Vose Sr
A second sub would surely be beneficial in enhancing your listening experience in that space.

Yea. My first thought is to liberate the EP500 from the cabinets (vive le bass!) and find a home for it in the back. I may replace it with a sub that has trim level options for being placed in a cabinet (EP500's used to have trim adjustments, but I got the first model that doesn't apparently). During the construction phase of my home theater, the EP500 was out in the open and had more than enough punch/kick/explosion whatever you wanted to call it. It's still impressive where it is, but I know it can be better. Problem is, I can barely keep little hands off the driver where it is now, if it were behind the couch and out of direct site it wouldn't survive long without a metal grill. So I may add a second wireless down firing sub somewhere in the room to accent what I lost. I can still shake the house with the low end of the EP500, but it lost some off it's midrange 'musicality' and punch in the cabinet.

I've seen some subs that come with a calibration microphone (similar to the AVR calibrations. You sample various sitting positions, and I'm guessing the sub just ups the EQ for problem frequencies) that look like they may do better in a cabinet than the EP500... but that's a whole 'nother thread- probably in a different forum since they aren't axiom subs. Dont get me wrong, I very much like my EP500, it just needs to breathe more. Look at me, I just hijacked my own thread.