I have heard people here say that low frequencies produced by subs may not be best up front. I may end up with the subs behind me or on either side wall or one up front and one in the rear. They say 80hz or so give or take a few. Yet, they also say the M80's produce great lower bass. So, why is it that 80hz coming from a sub is better elsewhere, but it is oh so great from the M80's in the front.
Such contradiction,
Yet, I am told you cannot hear the localization of lower frequencies, yet that it is best to have the M80's over Satelites because it give better bottom from the mains up front and fills the room.
Don't two great subs .... EP500/600's if place properly fill the room ? if you have two great subs, do you really notice the bass coming from the M80's that much ?
I thought if the sats and subs blended well you shouldn't notice any seperation ?
I thought if you had great detail, imagining, soundstage, clarity coming from the three up front then that's all you need. Everyone says low bass and crossing over at around 80hz to subs which can be placed anywhere, in a location that sounds best. where ever it is will fill the room and given it is unidirectional your not going to notice where it comes from, yet I am told well M80's give great bass up front.

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry