Resurrecting a year old thread. I did end up getting the album from Amazon and have been enjoying it immensely. I had not listened to it in a little while, but last week I had the rare opportunity of a bit of time and the house (meaning the HT) to myself. So I sat down and listened through much of this album on Blu-Ray in the HD Master Audio track. Wow does it ever sound good. Also fun to switch between the stereo and DTS mixes and hear the way they mixed it. The triangle at the beginning of YYZ flying around the room is pretty cool, but the biggest thing for me is just how much more open and immersive the surround mix is over listening in stereo. I guess I just re-proved to myself that I prefer music in surround and am not a stereo 'purist'. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Since I was alone I also had it cranked louder than usual as there were no sleeping children or wives to bother. Out of interest I pulled out ye ole RatShack meter (digital version) and put in peak measurement mode. I was listening at around 80-85 dB average with peaks well into the 90 dB range. Just for fun i pushed it a bit more and was still able to listen at close to 90dB with peaks of over 100dB and no sign of strain from my M22's/M2 LCR combo (or the QS8's and EP500). I had no desire to push it louder than that even though I was only at -15 on the amp gain. Loved my system all over again.

To summarize - if you like Rush, by this album on BRD, crank it and enjoy!

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1