Hi guys

Because the (broad based) question was asked.... and because there are two different post locations to get into this... I just want to join in here and add something slightly different before this gets too far down the screen....

Since I have not been seriously auditioning any new CD or DVD players, I can't make comments as to which sounds better. Since my old CD changer went belly up about 8 months ago, I have been letting my Sony DVD player do double duty. I just want to comment on something slightly different and it may seem odd....

When it comes to physical design (attractiveness), features, ergonomics, and layout/usefulness of remote controls, why is it that Sony seems to (overall) do a better job than anyone else (like Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, etc)?

I realize this is purely MY opinion/observation, and if you disagree, that's OK. But I have been looking at/using/and even selling hifi gear for a long time and that's my take. Problem is, I think that their build/sound quality is usually just average except for their ES line - which has (over the years) shown to be pretty good in both build and sonic quality.

If Denon or Onkyo would just hire their industrial designers and improve their looks, features and REMOTEs, then I think they would have unbeatable stuff!

OK Now back to the regularly scheduled posts....

Randyman