I love this set up. Ah Socketman, the Michaura Mystery. This fella in Massachusetts contracted with Axiom to build a line of speakers, the M55, the M66 and the M665.

[img:center][/img]

The smaller speaker adjacent to the headboard is the M55, two 5.25" Axiom drivers and the Axiom 0.75" titanium tweeter. (Very much like the M22) The cabinets are incredibly solid and inert hex shaped units. These speakers have wonderful sound quality. They are perfect matches with a 5 wpc SET tube amp. Very easy to drive. I upgraded mine with Jensen paper oil capacitors and Caddock resistors.

The speaker under the window is a Michaura M66, two Axiom 6.5" drivers, sort of like the M50. I had a pair of M50s and for some reason, these M66s sound orders of magnitude better than the M50ti. These speakers also are perfectly matched to a low output SET tube amp.

All these speakers have finishes just like the glossy rosewood or was it cherry which was discontinued in the Axiom lineup.

I think Axiom should release a line of speakers using the hex shaped cabinets. They are not only beautiful, but they sound GOOD.

I also have and had a bunch of Axiom speakers - M50s, M22, M3s, M2s, QS8s, VP150, and now the VP180.

Oh yes, the metal thingies. There was a marine surplus warehouse in Newport Beach. They had solid bronze drive shafts ~ 5" diameter, and some solid brass rods I think 2.5" diameter. I had them cut some huge hockey pucks for me, polished them up and glued some red felt to one side and red on the other. I use them to tame disturbing quantum vibrations from my speakers and sub woofers. Mainly, I just love the way they look.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 08/16/12 04:13 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.