recently discovered adelphia was offering hd in my area. called and for $7.95 a month, less the $3.50 for the digital box, seemed like a no brainer. on the phone i was told cable guy would arrive with everything needed including cables. you know what's coming now. before he messed around, the following worked. plasma with tv, dvd, and vrc. when he finished, tv and vcr worked, with only audio for the dvd player thanks to it's optical connection. the cable box had no tos link out, and the dvi connection was not activated. so after visiting tweeter and getting ripped off on a monster cable i went back home. the guy while helpful assured me i had two components in on the plasma, after insisting he bring up a diagram, he agreed there was only one. so, now i need to buy two more component cables, wrestle with the existing maze of interconnects on the rxv1300, and rout the dvd, cable box, and maybe vcr thru the yammi and use monitor out to the plasma. guess it was wise to test the dvd to see if it worked as well as the hd feed. so beware, if you have adelphia and want to get hd, be prepared to purchase more cables which will push the price up from the $7.95 monthly fee. boy i sure wish cable manufactures would sell cables labeled for each devise. the blue painters' tape on my interconnects with scribbling on each look wierd behind the yammi. this could be a 4 or 5 beer job this weekend.
sorry to rant..
dan