In reply to:

I think the average Axiom owner is a little older, more refined and has passed the "dood - turn up the loud" point in their life.

How many younger ppl (lets say 21 and under) do you know even have the money to afford a full set of $3400 Axioms 5.1 system along with $1000 in electronics and cables to go with it?
Most ppl at that age are still trying to afford a car or get through school/college/university. Of all the housemates i had, only two had stereo systems which consisted of $500 Dynaudio? speakers and a $300 Pioneer receiver while the second system had Yamaha speakers and a Yamaha receiver. Those boys thought their systems were just the cat's ass especially at parties.
The "dood turn up the loud" still applied. Critically listening and general music enjoyment was far less important than attempting feebly to impress the set of 5 single women in the townhouse next door by playing loud music and throwing keg parties. Personally i thought flowers and a nice dinner were far more effective.

I believe one of them now has the Paradigm Reference line mains and a newer receiver (still Yamaha) while the other added some Energy surrounds and centre and bought an Outlaw receiver.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."