I will use the $300 I saved towards the amp. I actually sold my bike (Yamaha R1) to upgrade my home theater. Since I got a little more for it than I initially expected I can go ahead and get the amp now too.

You make a good point on the rear surrounds (channels 6 & 7). I wasn't going to wire them initially, but I guess I can use my Tannoy bookshelf speakers for these channels in the mean time, then later upgrade them to M2s or M3s to match the rest of the system.

None of the rest of my speakers would work back there - Mordaunt Short MS25i towers, Cerwin Vega LS12s, Bose crappy bookshelves (were the g/f's).

WAF is not an issue for me, the basement is mine and she doesn't really care too much about aesthetics down here. Although she didn't like my idea of carpeting the walls.

The Yammie RX-V2400 only has 5.1 inputs while the Denon 3803 / 3805 have 7.1. Hmmm, might have to think some more about the Denon unless I can assign it to use the rears on the Yammie when using the 5.1 inputs for DVD-Audio.

The Yamaha site said the 2400 doesn't have a direct mode but th Audioholics review said it does, can anyone claify this?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by al1en; 03/28/04 04:32 PM.

M60s, VP150, QS8s(3), SVS PB12-isd, Denon 3805, Emotiva UPA-7