well, after much research and deliberation, i chose the ONKYO TX-SR701 receiver. i found an authorized online dealer offering a refurbished with 2 year warranty for $439 bucks. should be here on friday..

this thing has plenty of power(100wt), more features than i will probably ever figure out how to use, and plenty of inputs for future expansion of my HT. i had been leaning toward the DENON line, but decided this was just too good of a deal to pass up.

i want to thank all of ya'll that gave me sooo much input. your help and guidance has been more valuable than you can possibly imagine. i know everyone says it, but i will say it also.. the people in this forum are some really great folks. this has been a truly enjoyable experience.

NEXT, are my speakers. hope to order those within a month. still trying to decide if the custom cabinet route is the way to go. my wife said that if she was gonna have to look at these big speakers for the next 20 years, she wants them to blend with the room.. only problem is, that will add about $425 bucks more than the outlet prices. decisions, decisions..

i wait with nervous anticipation til the day i get to order..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??