There are several threads on AVS forum discussing the SC-61/SC-1222-K/SC-1227-K. Here is an interesting one: SC-61 thread. I have an SC-1522-K, corresponding to the SC-65/SC-1527-K models, which is similar, but with 2 extra channels and a little more power.

All these have class D amplifiers which are rated to drive 6ohm and 4ohm speakers, which should make them a good fit with several popular Axiom speakers. (However, when I said this in another thread here, everyone else seemed to think this was totally wrong.)

It is often said that Pioneer's calibration system MCACC suffers by comparison to, e.g., Audyssey, in failing to provide subwoofer equalization. Actually, loudness, distance, 3 band equalization (called "standing wave" correction), and phase correction for a sub are all provided by MCACC.

I hear (third hand, at best), that the Pioneer engineers in Japan are unwilling to provide more than just a single cross over because they think it introduces sonic phase problems. I've never seen a detailed discussion of this, though.

Greg
VP180, M80s, M22s, QS8(4), CSW S305s, EP500, Pioneer VSX-90
M2i, M3(2), Pio vsx-1020