brent - MOST EXCELLENT!!. Strip down and dive right into the deep end. You are gonna LOVE the equipment when you get it all hooked up. I expect your choices were influenced by the overwhelming (and sometimes accurate) input of the loose cannons on this board.

Let me wade into the TV pool for you. (unsolicited advice switch on). I'll second the choice of the Sony GWIII LCD at 50' or 60" (yeah, I've had one for a year). Slim, light, no burn-in issues (CRTs have them) and right in the price ball park. Excellent picture, good viewing angles. There are complaints about black levels, but this is not a noticeable problem

Second choice might go to DLP. Slim, light. Equally good picture as LCDs (arguments ensue as to which is better). Little better black levels. No burn-in, same price levels, good viewing angles. Some folks see rainbows in the screen and others get mild nausea - both isseus appear to be with small percentages.

I suspect you have done the research already, but something I thought worthwhile to mention. Good Luck and enjoy.

Ray