Check out what this guy wrote at avsforum.com about the m60s:

"I've heard these and found them to be almost unlistenable after 5 or 10 minutes due to the brightness of the tweeter/upper mids. The bass was very peaky sounding and didn't reproduce any of the bass instruments well at all. I would say there are quite a few speakers in the under $1000/pr range that are better overall unless you simply prefer a very bright sound. I have heard worse, but I don't think these are anywhere near what they are cracked up to be."

Then I wrote:

"According to this article, they are not as bright as you would like people to believe:

hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_1/axiom-m60ti-speakers-3-2004.html

Also, take a look at this freq response chart for the m22ti:

soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/axiom_m22ti_se/

Looks pretty flat to me. Perhaps it was the equipment or the source that you were using that caused you to think the speakers were so bright."

His reply was:

"I think it was my ears that I was using that caused me to think the speakers were so bright.

Of course, FR graphs don't indicate distortion levels, so they might be accurate, just harsh.

In any case, with a dipole speaker, the treble won't be aimed directly at you so it probably won't matter nearly as much. But I'll chime out since I'm not that knowledgeable about who makes better or worse dipole speakers."

This seems like a pretty lame, half-assed answer, don't you think? If a speaker were bright, wouldn't it show up as an increase in the treble region of the frequency response graph?