Interesting. So much in there that seems to go hand-in-hand with other resources, and a bunch that doesn't. Typical corner placement creates exagerated (boomy) bass. Of course their test room was an almost bare 20'x24'x9' which isn't acoustically great. They tested directly in the center of the room, which is "less-than-ideal" as nulls are easily occuring there, so on and so forth.

So what does that mean? Heck, I don't know. Too many variables and how it does or does not simulate what you have in your house for room size, relationship of seating (exact center of the room for example), what is in your room impacting acoustics, etc.

I guess I look at this somewhat "real world test" is that someone could do the exact same test in a different room and get different results. That is why these kinds of tests should be done in such a fashion that tried to eliminate the specific room impact. Much like how Axiom uses an anechoic chamber to measure the speaker and only the speaker without coloration of the listening space. Again, if all real-world listening spaces were the same, then cool, but since they aren't then I say that the test is somewhat flawed. Good information for the most part, but still not a perfect test. I guess it is the perfect test if that room happens to be YOUR room...

Farewell - June 4, 2020