Okay, I was being glib because you've been "stewing over" this for a year. Seriously, you should get what you WANT.

AND... I'm pretty committed to a vertical center channel now (after going from a VP100 to an M2). In consideration of my own eventual transformation (someday...) to an AT screen and dedicated room, I've pretty much decided that 3 M22's across the front is an "easy" fit and would provide everything I need for movies (when supplemented by adequate subwoofage, of course). Also entertained the possibility of 3 in-cabinet M60's.

BUT... Larger speakers than that seem very difficult to appropriately place behind a screen due to their height. I don't see the point of putting very large speakers behind an AT screen if the dispersion of any of their drivers is going to be compromised by the screen frame.

But, you know, you may be contemplating a screen that is tall enough for it not to matter. Or maybe it really DOESN'T matter (much) if the woofer area of the M80 has a horizontal screen frame running through it.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem