The hotel has met my needs. You can't hear any airplanes at all. It was very easy to drive to. It has on site parking. The hallways are a little dingy but other than that it is pretty clean. I am sort of across the way from Citi Field. The subway is around the corner. (Through an interesting neighborhood) But we never felt unsafe, these kinds of things don't bother us. The train ride to the restaurant was super easy, and then we jumped right back on and continued to Manhattan where we completed phase two of our quest. A Thai dessert bar in the St. Mark's area. It was worth the subway ride.

http://www.spotdessertbar.com

Anyhow, I'm glad my wife enjoys the simple things. She really loves riding the subway around NYC. She is having a great time. My friends wives would have taken one look at the area and the hotel and just would have said "no."

Tomorrow I am off to the Natural History Museum, Krispy Kreme donuts at Penn Station and the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. If things work out I might make it to Grimaldis Pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Last edited by Lampshade; 12/24/13 05:03 AM.

M3 and
M80