I just recently acquired the Denon X4000 and love it. I needed to replace my old Pioneer VSX919 due to not having pre-outs and having just purchased a dedicated Parasound amplifier. Keeping in mind the Denon is about $1000 more than the Pioneer was when new, the Denon is in an entirely different league. With Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 and sub EQ HT my Axioms sound nothing short of amazing, producing sounds I've never heard from them before (granted a lot of that is probably from the amp also).

The setup is very simple and quick to make with Audyssey. It has so many features on it with the networking options and number of zones and inputs I can't conceive why or how you could possibly need more in an AVR. When researching on a new AVR I found that Denon is a bit more regarded in build quality than Onkyo, with more than a few complaints out there regarding malfunctions in Onkyo (though I’m sure many here have and love them with zero issues).

Last edited by Crimson Wrath; 12/27/13 06:01 AM.

M60|VP150|2xQS8|PSA XS30+Epik Empire|Pioneer Kuro 6010FD|PS3|Denon AVR-X4000|Parasound 5250v.2|