I began my foray into bourbon a few weekends ago. I started off with a simple easy to drink whetted named W.L. Weller Special Reserve. Only 16 bucks a bottle. That is a welcome relief from the 43 bucks I have been paying for the Bushmill's Bush Black.

The first taste was pretty strange. The mouth feel is more syrupy than I am accustomed to. It tasted pretty good and was very smooth. Wasn't sure if it would be something I would stick with but I am liking it more and more as I acclimate to it. It really is smooth. The only part that I do not totally enjoy is the finish. But it is fine.

I will see how I feel when the bottle is gone but so far so good.There is a Weller 12 year old that I am going to try. That one is a bout 30 bucks.

On a recommendation from the kid working in the liquor store, I purchased a bottle of St. George Terroir Gin. This stuff is dynamite. They have a single malt whiskey that I am going to give a whirl based on the admiration of I have for these guys and the gin they made.
Terroir Gin - St. George Spirits

M3 and
M80