troy:

I spend a lot of time proof reading & I still miss stuff, ha!

Perhaps you are beating yourself up by over-analyzing a lot of this technical stuff. The best looking graphs in the world immediately go out the window as soon as the speakers interact with the room. Gizmos like Audyssey can help to a certain extent to smooth things out but reaching the holy grail of perfect sound is quite elusive & can be very expensive.

As I've have gotten older (more mature?) my appetite for constantly tweeking & upgrading to find audio nirvana has diminished. Now I acquire the gear that I like, tweek minimally with Audyssey and/or by ear, & then leave it all alone & enjoy.

With my 3 Axiom setups, I feel absolutely no desire to 'upgrade' (whatever that is) as they more than please me in the way that I use them. My wife & I just watched the latest remastered 6 Blu Rays of the Star Wars series. They were visually stunning & most impressive sonically. Several times during our marathon my wife mentioned that 'The house is shaking!'. All this with a modest system being run at -10 Db in a medium size room.

Good luck in your quest...

TAM