Tam not trying to be confrontational here just sharing personal experience.Unfortunately one of the biggest mistakes Audyssey makes is phase. It said I had speakers out of phase I would reverse the leads and then it would say a different speaker was out of phase. I checked my speakers with a 9 volt battery and tested all wiring with an ohm meter and despite audysseys complaints everything was as it should be. From what I have read this is a common mistake made by audyssey because of room reflections. I have a Denon 3311 and it has Audyssey xt32, I also have a Yamaha with Ypao and like what the Yamaha does for correction better. Some rooms benefit from correction more than others. The room I have right now doesn't seem to require much correction as it doesn't seem to sound a great deal different with it on or off. I do use it so I can use dsx for front wides. As far as it setting a small driver for 40hz is for lack of a better word , ridiculous . A 5.25 drive is just not capable of that kind of excursion. I agree that Audyssey is great for us people who don't want to or cant spend the time to address room response issues with treatments.
I am personally too lazy to bother. I bought all the electronics necessary to analyze my room with REW but its just too involved , so audyssey it is smile Maybe its just my bad hearing.

Richard

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry