Yup, it's a modest, kinda minimalist system although it is quite potent.

I ran a successful Audyssey calibration using the HTS mic placement that we discussed a little while ago. It saw the VP160 at -3.0 Db Level with a Xover at 40Hz. This is contrasted to my previous VP100 that it had set at -0.5 Db & saw it as 90 Hz. Quite a difference in performance & perhaps because of a more ideal placement up off of the floor.

I just ran 'War of the Worlds' BD at -10 Db Level - quite overwhelming at times even at that level. Right from the start where the voice of Morgan Freeman narrates the background to the story, I knew immediately that the 160 was a different animal. His unique voice was deeper & richer without being chesty. The rest of this dynamic soundtrack was phenomenal with the CC being fuller, better anchored & more articulate.

I agree with others on the net that modern soundtrack mixes now heavily favour the CC than had been done in the past. More robust & capable CC Speakers certainly excel here & add a whole new dimension to the HT experience.

I think that I'll leave my speakers dressed as that is how I use them. Besides, I believe that the Velo Subs' grills are very difficult to remove.

Based on what I just experienced, the VP160 proved itself to be a wonderful addition to my HT...

TAM