As usual guys, it is the techno babble(aka misplaced snobbery) that exists throughout the so-called "high end" community when they review products. Reading speaker reviews from these people is bad enough, reviews about esoteric expensive cables, especially those in which a one man operation and sometimes a friend of the reviewer has come up with a magic formula that supercedes all other designs and manufactures them in his basement. Now those reviews are even more of a riot.

I still remember the quote of the late, great Julian Hirsch who wrote regular articles in the former "Stereo Review" which I believe now is part of "Sound & Vision". He said "that any manufacturer with half decent engineering can produce a product to a given performance spec. when they have access to the best parts, unlimited materials and, in the end,be able to charge anything they want for it. The REAL quality engineering and manufacturing comes when a manufacturer can produce a product to the similar spec. and performance to the above, maintain quality, yet, charge a fraction of the price while still making a decent profit in the process".

Incidentally, after years and years of listening AND playing music, along with the usual ridiculous "audiospeak" much of which has been referred to already, I am still trying to figure out what "inner detail" means?

Last edited by casey01; 02/19/14 04:48 PM.