Originally Posted By: Diamondog
Everything connected via HDMI. When I put the Bell receiver on a non HD channel on the front of the AVR it shows the speakers including SBR/SBL surround back left/right. When I change it to an HD channel the SBL and SBR speakers disappear from the display on the AVR. It also switches from (non HD) ALL Ch Stereo to Dolby Digital when it switches to HD channels.

Once a digital connection is made, barring the odd exception, ALL audio from the Sat recvr., regardless of the channel and type, "should" be automatically coming forth in Dolby Digital 5.1 with those speakers showing lit up on the panel which would be normal and not the back surrounds, that is assuming you have both LRS and back LRS speakers. The addition of DPL11X would add in the back surrounds(7.1) in all programming.

I do wonder at the change in audio especially when related to "all channel stereo" on non-hd channels since this surround option is usually only manually selected and not automatic, that is, unless, it is a quirk of your AVR, which even then, I have my doubts.

Last edited by casey01; 03/10/14 03:11 AM.