Originally Posted By: michael_d
Time will tell if it develops an attitude, or how long the toners last.

Well if the description on the Amazon site is accurate, i would say you are going to hate the longevity of the toners:

Polymerized Toner for enhanced professional printout with up to 19 pages in in Black & 4 pages in Color
laugh

On a related note, i sold our Canon ink jet on eBay recently.
http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/products?m=gp&pid=1174
I loved the quality. I hated the massive ink depletion and by ridiculous, i mean outright stupid.
I never used the printer more than three times in 3 months. Bought it, got inks, set it up, ran a test page. After that, the next time i used it, i printed off a one page recipe in greyscale to save on colour. After that page, i noticed the inks were down about 1/4. In another two weeks i printed off two B&W pages for the spouse. The inks had dropped to 1/3.
The next month i printed off another recipe, again in greyscale, the inks were at 1/2.
I used the printer at this rate, for two years, once a month or less printing all B&W pages because i was seeing these ink tanks drain. Quite obviously the pre-printing clean procedure coded in the Canon was sucking the life out of the cartridges and there isn't a damn thing i can do about that.
I bought 2 sets of inks replacements in two years and i guarantee i printed less than 25 sheets in total.

So i said screw it. Sell it, get some money back, put towards new printer.

Now i purchased an all in one photo Epson.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CD28201
So far i quite like it. Reduced footprint on my desk (no need for a separate scanner anymore). The scanning is great, quiet printing, definitely better on inks, BUT, i have yet to print a picture, text or graphics that looks nearly as sharp as the Canon.
[sigh]
I should have considered a colour laser as well, but i have a need for printing 11x17 which is the sticking part. I guess i'll just have to keep trying out paper types and printer settings to see if i can improve the picture quality.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."