I picked up the regular M80.v4 speakers. I do have (well sort of) separates, in I have a 5 channel Anthem MVA5 and a Pioneer receiver that has my pre-outs. So, I can easily run the LFR through 4 of the 5 channels on the amp, and the VP180 through the last.

I am building this system as I have a real love of music. I seriously enjoy sitting and listening to music. I did for a while get into movies, and still do enjoy to watch them, but the main thrust was to listen to music.

I do have an older Mirage PS8 sub (from 2002) and an Energy sub that came with the Take5 speakers that my wife refuses to have in the upstairs as it doesn't fit the decore. It might eventually get re-installed and hid under a table.

So I do have one sub but I never really found it sounded all that good. Rather boombastic and muddly. That was in my last house that acoustically wasn't the best and had zero treatment plus I had no knowledge on how to make it better back then.

The room I am making now is in an unfinished basement and is being purpose built. It is around 12'x14.5'x8' and is being sound isolated from the rest of the house to the most part.

I have said in other posts, that I have some music that sounds fantastic with the M80s, such as my Holly Cole collection. Some of my classical sounds wonderful. others sound lacking.

I had a friend over and we listened to Jeff Beck - Flash, and it did sound like it was missing some extra bass, so I turned off the pure direct and added some extra bass and it compensated somewhat. But compared to the richness of sound with Holly Cole, you couldn't wave a stick at it.

I have been listening to quite a bit of my Pink Floyd and it sounds great. I purchased a dual CD of Fun Boy Three, and it sounds good. Not fantastic, but good. My Sisters of Mercy seems to lack punch, but it enough high energy in the music that it compensates.

I understand that a bad recording will always sound bad and have given into I will mostly listen to what sounds good. With over 7500+ songs to choose from (Yes I am a bit of a collector)I am sure that I can find something I like for the mood I am in.

I posted several weeks back when I first got the M80s, the WOW I never knew my music could sound so good. I'd be through the roof if I can get that feeling amplified with going to the LFR1100. I can imagine that Pink Floyd darkside of the moon would blow my mind with a surounding sound stage. it feels like those speakers were made for it. I really like the grand piano, bass, and articulate voice music. I like the big feeling and compared to the Energy C3, the M80 gave me that more I was looking for, but if that can be delivered even bigger then I am very curious.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I would not be disappointed, but want to hear what other 'real' people, rather than a paid reviewer has to say.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5