Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Maybe they come standard? Call Axiom.

I think that word is no longer in the Axiom lexicon. Somethin's gotta give. That's not a put down, at all. It's survival and generating income. The speakers (and free shipping) ARE the deal. The rest of the stuff is stuff.

When I got my 60's, all veneer options were Vassallo. With each 60 and the 500, I received a finished wooden box, box jointed, stained a med. red/brown, w/the Axiom logo CNC-carved onto the lid. Each was about 6 x 11 x 3." Inside the box, all set into custom-cut holes in black foam, were a set of feet and a set of carpet spikes, oh and a wiping cloth. I think I even got a choice of finishes. I did not pay extra for my name to be on their backs. It was standard. It is no longer. It is extra @ $10 per speaker.

In a letter to Axiom, pre-dating my forum participation, I told them that these (60's) were such a bargain, even in wood, that all that stuff was unnecessary. They were cool for sure, but would have had no bearing in my decision to keep them.

I guess they listened.

So, if you wanna blame someone for the slow disappearance of "standard," I'm your guy.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.