It's funny you mentioned that you weren't overly impressed with the sound and that is very possible even with an ultra expensive sophisticated set-up like this one. We tend to, at the beginning, be overwhelmed with the environment it is in, but, ultimately, when putting that aside and sitting down to do some critical listening, sometimes it isn't that particularly impressive and I think a lot of that has to do with the pre-occupation with the aesthetics of the room fitting in the speakers and the equipment in to the environment rather than the other way around. I have heard a number of expensive set-ups like this and have often sometimes walked away thinking I can achieve as good or sometimes even better results(and have done it) without having to spend a boat load of money building a dedicated room.

Myself, up until recent years being directly involved with setting up A/V systems in homes, if the buyer doesn't do his homework or has an ongoing knowledge of the equipment and HT in general and leaves the whole thing to the installer, all too often they can be oversold and buy things(or even the wrong things) they really don't need.

Then again, if you don't have to worry about money then I guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited by casey01; 07/03/14 07:46 PM.