I have an Anthem MCA5, so there are 5 channels inside the one unit.

I have tried 3 different pairs of RCA cables just to make sure that it isn't the cable itself that is causing the humm.

The LFR1100 speakers are connected to the front and surround amps on the back of the MCA5. (plugs 1,2,4 & 5) The remaining plug 3 is the marked as the center channel amp.

If I have just the LFR1100 speakers hooked up to the amp, and turn it on, it sounds fine. (No real decernable humm).

As soon as I run an RCA cable from the DSP (left or right out) to the input for those respective channels on the MCA5, there is a noticeable humm that you can clearly hear from 5-6 feet away. The DSP does not even need a power cable pluged into it, nor does it need to have power, or turned on for this to happen. Just the simple fact of having the DSP outputs plugged into the amp. You don't even need the pre-out even plugged in. So I have concluded that the fault must be inside the DSP.

I will admit that most of my latter testing was exclusively with the left channel, but I had noticed it with the right before I started doing cable swapping.

I have not tested it with the XLR type cables as I was told by Brent that it should work best to stick with one type of cable or the other, and my pre-out doesn't do XLR. (the amp and the DSP does have that option).

As per Brents instructions, I have packed it back in the box and was waiting for a return lable, but I can pull it back out if you want me to test more.

I can ask my neightbour around the corner if he has some spare XLR to XLR cables hanging around to test with if that would help?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5