So am I interpreting this right?
When you modify the bandwidth available to wireless, it is effecting the speed of a hardwired device.

- [Easy] Download "Fing" for your smartphone or tablet. Use it to make sure you don't have any 'rogue' devices using your wireless that you didn't expect to be there, like a neighbor or a dozen of those new wireless connected animal toys.

- [Hard] Using a packet sniffer like Wireshark (free) you would be able to definitively get to the bottom of who/what is using how much bandwidth, if you suspect something is being a hog. However, how to do that requires more explanation than I will/should type here. However, feel free to PM me if you get brave.

- [Unlikely but check it if you can.] You could be getting some port flapping between the ports of your PC and the router if they are not syncing up properly. This often drops speeds by 2 thirds or more. It's actually unlikely but I doubt you can change the port setting on a that router to anything but [auto] anyways. Again a sniffer would identify that. On a more robust router, it could be easily identified and changed from there as well. Normally on residential devices, [Auto negotiate] works just fine.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.