Originally Posted By: Murph
An empty Quebec won't work for storage. Everything would smell like spilled wine and cheese curds.

Roch Voisine would refuse to leave, just like he refuses to retire from his music career and would be skulking around everybody's stuff.

AND we already have a maple syrup shortage and your plan would simply cause a disaster!!!!

- Ontario would refuse to take care of the Maple Syrup industry because the majority of the population lives in the greater Toronto and Ottawa regions and they think a forester is just an ugly AWD car.

-New Brunswick has maple syrup skills but everybody is already in Albert working the oil fields or they have returned home and are too busy spending all thier money on four wheelers, snow mobiles and NASCar clothing.

-Newfoundlanders, while always cheerful and helpful, would just find some way to distill all the syrup into a maple flavored rum.

Worst of all!!!
Can you imagine the carnage if all of the Quebecers leave and Bonhommeis left alone and unattended. I imagine a rampage that we have not seen the likes of... well, since the demonic possession of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters.

Just look what happened the last time he got away from his handlers and tried to drop kick the Prime Minister. Not that I blame him,actually.

I'm sorry Bob. Your plan has merit but for the good of all. Quebec has to stay.

Andrew, you know much better than I on matters Canadoid, so I will defer. However, if by "all" you mean "only" the rest of Canada, then I'm still for the Trail of Poutine Tears to Toulouse.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.