DTS-UHD should be more solid come CES in just over a month.

I'd wait anyway. The current offerings are super pricey for the features, Atmos or not. 1 year from now you will have a lot more choices with more bells and whistles like improved room correction, or even Audyssey in line-ups that lost them with the current Atmos.

Since most people prefer the DTS-HD Master Audio over Dolby TrueHD, it would seem that it would be prudent to wait until the at least include the DTS-UHD in some flavor.

Funny how DTS announced their object based home system 1st, and then Dolby comes along and drops Atmos for the home. I would have thought that DTS would have had their stuff ready for CEDIA this past fall.

Auro 3D is not even really a player here. They have super cheap licensing which is why they are being included, but studios have decade long relationships with Dolby and DTS, they have no need to embrace a 3rd format from a virtually unknown player in the industry. They only have a couple (maybe 3 or 4) discs from what I was reading the other day, and those are somewhat obscure music disc, and certainly not movies.

The Denon has a MSRP of $3000 for a 9.2 receiver (unless you buy another amp on top of that for 11.2 processing, with 13.2 capable outputs). For $1000 less, you get a beefy 9.2 (again, 11.2 capable with separate amp) setup for 7.2.2 or 5.2.4 Atmos. Not sure that the 7200 is worth the $1000 more over the 5200.

It is a tough time to be in the receiver market with HDMI 2.0 issues needing sorted out, etc. It takes quite the pretty penny to get everything that people want at the moment.

Farewell - June 4, 2020