Originally Posted By: michaeld
Wow, that was fast, Chesseroo. I wasn't expecting a reply for a few days at least. LOL!

On these boards?
Hell, there were people logged in Christmas night at 1am.
The Axiom folk never sleep!

Quote:
I'm not definite on upgrading as I don't know the relative benefits of the V4, nor the technical improvements that have been made over the years.

There have been a few threads on the subject including some where Axiom staff have listed the changes. There have been changes to some cosmetics, but technical changes to the tweeter, crossovers, etc. all for the sake of continuing to smooth the response curve. However, the changes are subtle so you would have to be a purist to really care about it.

I've always found our M60s to be a bit bright and i still have the resistor hooked up on the tweeter line in to slightly reduce its output (the tweak suggested by Ian and Joe Vasallo years ago). This was apparently something that was addressed in the later versions of the speaker line and is something i would like to A/B for myself before i considering changing our M60s to the newer versions (in wood veneer as well since presently we have vinyl wrapped Boston Cherry).
If we already had wood veneer speakers, i probably wouldn't even bother considering a switch.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."