Originally Posted By: michael_d
I was wandering through Costco the other day and they had a couple Samsung 4K LED TV's on display. They had curved screens. Not a bad price either. If my recollection is correct, the 65" 4K TV was about $2200 (with rebate), and the 55" was about $1800 (with rebate).

I've been wanting to get a larger display in my living room, and the 65" unit might just be the ticket. But, I'm kinda wondering about the curved screen. Seams to me it doesn't serve much of a purpose unless you are sitting pretty close to it.

Costco also has them on their web site. The model number:

Samsung 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) 4K Smart Curved LED Ultra HDTV UN65HU7200FXZA

Before I blow some money on this thing, does anyone have any first had experience or other input they'd like to share?

I have not purchased one yet, however, from what I have read about them so far, the curved screen was essentially offered as a design option, for "off axis" viewers to minimize the loss in brightness usually related to LCD/LED monitors. The trade-off is, as a result of the curvature, an increase in distortion of the picture.

Apparently, though, with the new OLED monitors that LG is now selling, the screen is so thin, that you actually have the option of bending the screen yourself, if you wish to do so, to your particular taste and room. It sounds kind of interesting, however, I am waiting for the price to come down on these babies(especially 65" and up)before I consider purchasing one of them. So, far, the reviewers that have seen the 55" OLED are raving about the picture and especially the "blacks" which, apparently, are pretty comparable to the best plasmas.