Well, now that everything is finally here, hooked up and calibrated I guess it's time that we all actually sat down and watched a movie here. It's been a crazy week.

I've had the M60s, Vp150 and QS8s for over a week now, but the SVS PB2-isd just came in last Thursday to finish things off. I can't help the huge grin every time I fire these puppies up. They just keep sounding better every day. I'm just using my old Tannoy 631SEs for the rear channels at the moment, but wouldn't it look much better with a pair of M3s back there? I won't mention that to my girlfriend though, not yet anyway. I hadn't planned on wiring up for 7.1 but it really does make a big difference, with a smoother and more expansive rear soundstage.

The system is running off a Denon 3805 receiver (awesome) and a Denon DVD-1600. Now the sound finally matches up to the picture quality. I'm running the sub +2 dB hot and usually watch about -10 dB from reference. It was freaking hilarious when I fired up Darla this morning with my girlfriend and kid upstairs, they thought the house was coming down around them.

Well time to go fire up another movie and see if I can get Kansas to issue an earthquake warning.

Dave

M60s, VP150, QS8s(3), SVS PB12-isd, Denon 3805, Emotiva UPA-7