Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
Fooling around with acoustics and software adds a whole other dimension to the hobby, and the sound. Pretty interesting once you start to get the hang of it. But yes, it isnt always easy to pick up, and there is a lot of trial and error.

The Audiotools basic suite is Free, and is precalibrated to bypass the apple device mic filters and includes a great suite of realtime graphs and utilities. RTA FTA, SPL, RT60/per octave. The 30$ addon I bought allows perchannel sweeps with a log chirp and ETC curve measurements. It also includes a frequency generator and pink noise. You can overlay known target curves or noise threshold curves. Best of all, I was using it it under 10 minutes and there are online video tutorials.

I you have the time to tweak and measure, its really great for zero $ investment. smile

Great sig line, Trevor! You're going to be an asshole around here before you know it! Keep up the good work!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.