I'm interested to see what others say here. I grabbed a set of M22 on walls before xmas from the refurb shop. They are V3's, but look quite a bit different from other V3's I have. Logo is older, black dust caps etc. They must be very early V3's. Of all the b stock,refurb speakers I've gotten from Axiom these are also the most....um...worn looking. I really should have sent them back.

Anyways, I kept them, and decided to get the rest for a 5.1 setup. Grabbed some M2 on walls, and a vp 150 all V4 speakers. Could not be happier with them. But, now I don't like those M22's even more. Even the M2V4's sound better. Its weird. They sound harsh when pushed.

There was a set of M22 on walls in the refurb section again two days ago. Light Maple, exactly what I was waiting for to match a set in another room. Added them to cart and hesitated. I let the cart expire and added them again several times throughout the day, each time hesitating. Eventually someone else got them. I was worried that I'd be unhappy with them again.

So, there you go. Is there a difference? My experience is yes or I got a bum set of m22's

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12