Originally Posted By: alan
Hi,

I am familiar with the company and know the founder, but I don't have info on his enclosure designs. His speakers used to use large vertical ribbon drivers on top of a bass enclosure, which I think may be the reason he called them a "line source" system.

Alan

When checking the Newform Research website, the narrow vertical ribbon speakers on top of the bass module are still a staple of their design, however, they are offering newer designs where it is a somewhat smaller cabinet, yet, the vertical ribbons are sitting directly in front of the speakers themselves, quite unusual and have never seen anything like this before with any other manufacturer. I can only assume it is attempting to achieve somewhat of a "point source" listening experience along the lines of "Kef" but, using ribbons as the tweeter which are jutting out from the cabinet. Quite pricey, I might add despite the fact that they seem to have recently reverted to the on-line only sales route as well.

It would be interesting to hear what they sound like and despite their reference to a home theater application for their products, they don't offer a center channel model in their product line.