I would not use QS8 or QS4 speakers for heights. The QS8 make a great ambient non directional sound for surrounds. The do such a great job that the rear set of speakers don't seem to get much use and our ears are not all that good at locating sound directly behind us.

From the looks of it, if you look at a speaker location guide, when they start mapping out 7.1, the moved the surround speakers forward to be about in line with your ear, and the rear surround behind.

For 5.1 the surrounds are 15deg behind the ear that I think are probably a better location.

I would spend the time to put in height speakers as they might offer a bit of an improvement for the current setup. However the real time they will shine is in a few years when you upgrade to an Atmos/DTS X system where the sound mix will actually take advantage of the heights.

but that is just my subjective opinion. That is what I am doing. Well, actually as I am pulling wires without any drywall up, I just spent a bit more for a 500' spool of cable and am running speaker drops about everywhere as it's cheeper to do it now than try and do it after the fact.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5